Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dummies

Ventriloquist dummies: I do not care for them. Strangely, I ended up purchasing one for myself as part of a Halloween costume... As it turns out, I grew quite fond of Good Time Charlie, as he came to be known.

[A daughter of my boyfriend] - age 8 - had an instinctive distaste for him. So much so that she told her mother that she didn't want to move in to our house, because GTC scared her. Her mother served as the go-between and I had to promise to get rid of him. In truth I hid him in the attic, in a dark bag, thinking that perhaps he could just sit up there and stew for a few years and get all the more angry. And since it gets really hot up there in the summer, maybe part of his face would even melt a little... yes, he'll be ready for her.

Selina
New Haven, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails