Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays! Mandatory Cookies in the Conference Room



Interoffice Memorandum

To: All employees at Karp, MacKenzie, LLC
From: "Frank Rust," Acting HR Manager
cc: File

Happy Holidays everyone! I know we leave at 3 pm today, and we don't have a full staff, because some of you are on vacation... but for everyone who remains, there are cookies in the conference room. They look delicious. Come down to the second floor, and share some seasonal cheer with your coworkers at Karp Mac.

I know many of you are rushing to finish projects before you head off for the holidays, but you really should take just a moment and say hello. There are sugar Santas, and little green trees with sprinkles, and those peanut butter things with the Hershey kisses on top. And someone even baked some fudge! Many of you have moved into different offices with your laptops, trying to stay out of sight. We won't take too much of your time. Come have a cookie.

We've had a rough year at Karp Mac. I only took over the HR Manager's duties this week, and I know the challenges we face. Those layoffs in June hit us hard. And it was stressful for all of us, when I absorbed the body of Frank Rust after he found the strange plant in the supply closet. Then we had to refinance the mall in Tulsa. I thought Tony was going to go crazy from those late hours and all the coffee he was drinking!

I know that sometimes an office can feel like it's full of strangers, like the person in the cubicle next to you could just get sent away and replaced with no warning. But that's why the holidays are so important. They're about coming together as a team. Making connections and learning new things about each other. So stop hiding from me. You too, Tony. I know you're in the crawlspace trying to call for help, but your cell won't work. Don't worry, we have sugar-free cookies and special cookies for people with nut allergies.

I thought we'd sing "Jingle Bell Rock." It's mandatory, and it will be fun! Come have fun with us. There are only a few of us left in the building, and I want to see you all before the break.

I'll be waiting.

Continued here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails