Friday, April 15, 2011

Monster Roundup: The Exorcist, Scream 4, and Financial Tips of the Undead


The internet's a big place, and not all of it is pretty. Here are a couple things I've found that might interest you:


A new and somewhat different personal finance book is coming out. Zombie Economics is based on the idea that surviving an economic downturn is very similar to surviving a zombie apocalypse. Find an account over at Zombo's Closet.


Final Girl reviews Scream 4, and proclaims it "enjoyable, if rote." Which actually makes me psyched to see it. I can completely enjoy an enjoyable movie, even if I have no respect for it whatsoever as artsy or innovative or even intelligent. Please, filmmakers, you have my money. All I'm asking is that you don't make me feel like I've aged a year when the credits roll. FG gets extra credit for using the word "ouroboros." I had to look that one up.


Too Much Horror Fiction reconsiders the book The Exorcist, arguing that it might not really be a horror story at all. "[I]t's about the corrosive power of guilt and the redemptive qualities of love, wrapped up in an irresistibly glistening package of vomit, bile, foulness, and blood..." To which I respond: "Whee!"


That's enough for now. May your day contain more love and redemption than guilt and bile. Unless it's what you're into. I won't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails