Paranormal Activity 3 is out there scaring people with the story of how a demonic entity started terrorizing the family we met in the first two films of the series. Which is fine. Except the very first Paranormal Activity is not really a movie about an evil spirit at all. The first film is about bad life choices and terrible relationships and the danger of naming your kid Micah. Paranormal Activity is a film about a perfectly nice if somewhat needy woman named Katie who now finds herself the girlfriend of the Grand Wizard of the Douche Klux Klan.
What's the deal with Micah and Katie anyway? I have my notions, and I will be weighing in later in the week. But right now I want your opinion. Answer any and all questions in the comments.
1. At what point in this film do you the viewer realize Micah is a ridiculous douche? What is the first tell-tale sign, and why doesn't Katie see it?
2. How long have they been together? And -- barring supernatural influence -- is this the kind of thing that would last? Would Katie normally end up curbing this nard-monster, or would she normally end up married to him for, say, 20 years and eventually shoplifting as a way to find little moments of control in her life?
3. What is Micah's low point?
4. Does he have good moments? Is there a potential for this thing between them to not be terrible?
5. Does Katie bear any responsibility for this compound fracture?
6. Describe Katie and Micah's previous boyfriends/girlfriends.
7. Let's go all ladder theory -- Describe Katie's best male friend who will never ever have a chance of dating her.
8. Describe Micah's best friend from college, the kind who is like his misogynistic id, and encourages his terrible impulses. What is that guy doing with his life, and what's his screen name on Tucker Max's web forum?
9. Is Katie's new relationship with the demon inhabiting her body a healthy development that might turn her into a more realized person, or strictly a rebound thing?
10. Does Micah actually deserve to die?
On Fox & Friends: Phil Robertson Jokes About Men Marrying 15 Year Old Girls - Friends Laugh Uproariously! - [image: On Fox & Friends: Phil Robertson Jokes About Men Marrying 15 Year Old Girls - Friends Laugh Uproariously!] You'd think that after the dearly depart...