Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Ayn Rand Investigation Continues...

Below are my notes from the ongoing investigation of Ayn Rand (If you haven't, begin reading the original posts here). I'm sorry I haven't been able to make sense of this. It's... too much. Please just read, and draw your own conclusions. I'll write more when I am stronger. When I've rested. - Paul

Recall of specific plot devices, characters, and scenes within the text are all within 1 to 2% of control texts. However people who identify themselves as “Objectivists” or sympathetic to Objectivism display a markedly higher retention rate of exact quotations of the text which are proverbial in nature. When organized into discussion groups (during Phase 2), subjects repeat quotations, spreading them throughout community, possibly at an exponential rate (Several flaws in methodology prevented a definitive study – we simply hadn’t expected anything like this). New Hypoth.: Books by this author act as delivery vehicles for a kind of rapidly-propagating series of behavioral norms, disconnected from all emotional content in material and all conflicting information from group. Concepts are simple, self-reinforcing, and quickly assimilate and destroy alternate cognitions. Almost virally. (Note: Check with D at Oxf. about this). The spread of the contagion is only limited by the speed of communication itself. Theoretically, if subjects could share ideas over some kind of global, widespread media, it’s possible that a small, determined group could spread concepts indefinitely. One is perhaps thankful this isn’t possible. – Dr. Francis Buer, RESEARCH NOTES for Communication and Context, September-Oct 1975

You don’t know the history of psychiatry. I do. Psychiatry is a pseudoscience, and I know all about it. If I told you what I know you would have about five seconds to realize how totally inadequate your pathetic human brain was, before a massive aneurysm killed you and turned your central nervous system into a thick pulp that smelled almost exactly like lilacs. Tom Cruise, June 24, 2005 (italics edited out/unaired, because of feedback interference)

You’d hear a sound, like a low wail. And the smell of ozone was everywhere. I saw one of the extras actually piss himself one time, when it happened. There were lights. And, and, a feeling
you got. Like something very wrong had happened. No one ever went into the trailer on Days of Thunder. Not ever. - Anonymous Kraft services worker, quoted in reporter’s notes for an article to be published in Variety in June 1991. Article killed. Name of reporter withheld, at request of the FBI, pending investigation of his disappearance in 2008.

We didn’t do the things you’re accusing us of. You’ve heard the Americans are a different story, of course, especially with that new one who just joined from ABC. But he brought his unorthodox, sometimes brutal methods with him, and we began to quickly become concerned that, hold on (PAUSE)… I’m sorry. My counsel tells me I shouldn’t answer any further questions unless you can provide comprehensive protection. Put me in prison! Go ahead. You have no idea what these people are capable of. – Rebekah Brooks, excised from transcript of interview with the Metropolitan Police of London, 18 July 2011

I was told to remove the cushions and dispose of them after the show. The shoe prints had scorched or burned the fabric in some way. Just looking at it made me feel queasy, like I had really bad motion sickness… along with this incredible feeling of sadness and despair. I bagged them up and took them out to the dumpster. A man with a thick, curly moustache was there, like he knew I was coming. He took the bag from me and told me not to tell another living soul what happened. When I hesitated to answer, he punched me in the stomach, harder than I’d ever been hit. “The question isn’t who is going to let me,” he whispered, while I lay there gasping. “It’s who is going to stop me.” – Anonymous production assistant quoted in Oprah: the Magic and the Madness, a nonfiction book proposal submitted in 2006 by author George Kornby, whereabouts unknown.

My God! It’s full of Stossels. – Steven Daye, the original Dr. David Bowman, during first script run-through (Sept., 1967) on the set of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Unconfirmed reports say Daye became visibly ill, excused himself and was replaced with Keir Dullea. Daye is now currently serving as a deck officer on the Freewinds IX, somewhere in the Indian Ocean, and declined through a representative to be interviewed further.

In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear. To the East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong! – Unaired 20/20 episode narrated and produced by Anton L. Selstos, whereabouts unknown

Is your local police force really protecting you? Are people who rely on cops instead of private contractors getting their tax dollars worth of safety? Especially if they have an inadequate security system and laughably flimsy window locks? I'm here to find out. It is 9 o’clock at night, and I am standing in the backyard of some blogger is too fucking nosy for his own good. I’m going to throw a rock at his window, and then hide so he looks out, terrified, then tells himself he was only dreaming, before he goes back to sleep a light, nervous sleep that brings no rest. And you’re all dreaming, after all. You know that, right? YOU’RE ALL DREAMING. And you should pray to whatever pitiful god you believe in, that you never, ever wake up. – A note taped to my bedroom window this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Aha! The AntiClimax has arrived! Run!

    or

    Just say "non"
    to denouement...

    Thank you for scaring me with so many terror-memes -- on just this page alone. I nominate The Immortal Tom Cruise as scariest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails