Friday, October 26, 2012

Tom Cruise Will NOT Answer Questions About The Great Pumpkin



Let's make something clear: Tom Cruise is happy to come on your program. He wants to talk about his charity work, and his upcoming projects. There are just some things he wants to keep private, okay? And no, he will not answer any questions about the Great Pumpkin. If you bring it up, he's going to get angry, and we will terminate the interview.

I'm just warning you, so this can work. I have heard about the video out there, yes. I haven't seen it, but I know he's in a field having some kind of picnic dinner with his wife - with his wife at the time. I don't think you have a right to intrude on that. I know it was 11:30. They eat late; it's romantic. But I'm not even getting into that.

No, no, no. Don't you say that. Don't you say "patch." Do you know it was a "patch?" Do you have a statement from a farmer? Field. I don't care if you saw a couple of pumpkins in the shot - you can get pumpkins anywhere. They could have been planted. You know what I mean. Don't get out in front of this thing, just because you saw something from those jackasses at Gawker. You're gonna get burned.

Look, Tom's religion is a personal matter. He expects you to respect that, and so do I. He's not an official representative of his church - he's not holding himself out there as some kind of expert. I thought we were talking about the new movie, for chrissake!

Tom Cruise is not hiding anything. He's proud that he's clear, and that he's using his tech to help people around the world. But he will not get into some kind of argument about the details of his faith, just so you can make fun of him. I will shut this down, and we will not work with you again.

I need your word. No pumpkin questions. I need you to look me straight in the eye and tell me we're not going to have a Matt Lauer here. Because there's only one thing that counts in this business: Sincerity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails