Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pat Robertson Is Not Even Trying




You've probably already heard the "gays are terrorists" rant by Pat Robertson, haven't you? You already know how weird and nasty it is. I'm just kind of piling on with this. Anyway, the guy says the following:

...It's something else to take the arm of a government to force somebody to do something that is against, that is contrary to their religion... No Christian in his right mind would ever try to force somebody against their belief or else suffer jail...

Googling for a quote exposing him as a hypocrite in 3, 2, 1...

"Islam is a violent--I was going to say religion--but it's not a religion. It's a political system. It's a violent political system bent on the overthrow of governments of the world and world domination." They talk about infidels and all this. But the truth is, that's what the game is. You're dealing with not a religion. You're dealing with a political system. And I think you should treat it as such and treat it's adherents as such. As we would members of the Communist party and members of some Fascist group." 

This is from a 2009 article in the Washington Post. So, Christians wouldn't use the government to persecute someone for their religion. Unless they'd first reclassified it as something they could persecute you for. Is that it? Man, that was too easy.

I feel like doing more... I didn't get my fix, you know? Let's just use that as number 50 of my countdown: 50 Ways To Describe How Awful Pat Robertson Is.

Soon.

THE BLACK BOOK OF CHILDREN'S BIBLE STORIES is about faith and loss, and a haunted house hidden so well you didn't notice you'd been living there your whole life. BUY IT HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Pat Robertson. It really is too easy. Fish. Barrel. Sign reading "Bang!" I'd like to see that series, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Every time I think "Do I need to?" And then I think, "Fuck it, I WANT to."

      Delete
  2. Look forward to and can't hardly wait for the other 49!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails