According to an article in Think Progress, "House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) told the National Review that the House Republican conference may 'have to hit rock bottom' before the chamber fully functions again."
For those of us who've been following the GOP this prompts questions:
1. Wait, the GOP hasn't already hit rock bottom yet? Are you serious?
2. What would "rock bottom" look like for the GOP? What would that involve?
3. Would the country survive this bottom-hitting intact, or would it be incinerated or enter a kind of Handmaid's Tale/Hunger Games dystopian mashup?
4. So, really... the GOP - the Republican Party - has not actually hit rock bottom? Even though Donald Trump is the frontrunner? They actually have farther down to go?
5. Would hitting rock bottom smash the GOP into a thousand little pieces, and will those pieces all post racist memes on Facebook, and can I block them now?
6. Would hitting rock bottom make the GOP into a reformed version of itself, which will then go through a process of evolution and self-discovery, and maybe even - No. Fuck that. That wouldn't happen. [Cancel 6]
7. Is Ted Cruz, as a Republican, hurtling toward this rock bottom? Or is he already down there waiting?
8. Are we even sure rock bottom exists as a real place? Are we sure the GOP can't go on descending indefinitely, since they don't believe in natural science?
9. How rocky are we talking? Jagged rocks, right? They're not cobblestones or skipping pebbles, or anything smooth, are they?
10. How exactly will they blame this on Barack Obama?
Trumpcare. Good Enough For You, But Not For Congress - [image: Trumpcare. Good Enough For You, But Not For Congress] Trump has been having a hissy fit for the past two weeks over the fact that Trumpcare didn't ...